Windows 10 users have reported Daz Studio will crash when they log in. We discovered the error is caused by a Windows 10 update, which blocks the version of SSL that Daz Studio needs in order to operate. We have sent this issue to our Development Team for resolution, but this will not be updated until the next version of Daz Studio is released. Please use the following steps as a workaround to solve the crash issue:
- Close out of Daz Studio and Daz Install Manager.
- Download the attached .zip file (downloaded from the https://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/)
- Unzip the file.
- On your system, go to C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZ Studio 4 (if Daz Studio was installed through Daz Install Manager) or C:/DAZ 3D/Applications/64-bit/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 (if Daz Studio was install through DazCentral.
- Copy the "libeay32.dll" and "ssleay32.dll" files into this folder (if a message appears asking to replace the files in this destination, click okay)
- On your system, go to C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZ3DIM1 (if using Daz Install Manager) or C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DazCentral1 (if using DazCentral.)
- Copy the "libeay32.dll" and "ssleay32.dll" files into this folder.
- Start the Daz Studio software and/or Daz Install Manager and connect to the account.