Reports have been received that Daz Studio crashes upon login for Windows 10 users. We have discovered that the error is caused by a Windows 10 update which blocks the version of SSL that Daz Studio requires to operate. This issue has been addressed by our Development Team; however, the update will not be available until the next version of Daz Studio is released. The below steps are being provided as a workaround to solve the crash issue:
- Close out of Daz Studio and Daz Install Manager.
- Download the attached .zip file (downloaded from the https://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/)
- Unzip the file.
- On your system, go to C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZ Studio 4 (if Daz Studio was installed through Daz Install Manager) or C:/DAZ 3D/Applications/64-bit/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 (if Daz Studio was install through DazCentral.
- Copy the "libeay32.dll" and "ssleay32.dll" files into this folder (if a message appears asking to replace the files in this destination, click okay)
- On your system, go to C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZ3DIM1 (if using Daz Install Manager) or C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DazCentral1 (if using DazCentral.)
- Copy the "libeay32.dll" and "ssleay32.dll" files into this folder.
- Start the Daz Studio software and/or Daz Install Manager and connect to the account.